Social Icons

Monday, March 4, 2013

Honeymoon Stage


I'm pretty happy with how Day 1 went, though I think we're still in the honeymoon stage! Everyone was fed (for the most part), everyone was satisfied, and the food tasted pretty good!  The only time I felt hungry and it was hard to stay out of the kitchen was in the late afternoon.  That tends to be when I get the most "munchies" anyway, so I'm not surprised.  To get through, I had some cantaloupe, a few carrots, a little bit of my pumpkin hummus, and a whole lot of water!

I need to remember to drink, drink, drink.  I'm not a water lover by nature, so I need to get in the habit of keeping it with me and actually DRINKING it.

Tomorrow will be busier and the kids will be at Mother's Day Out and Daycare.  I'm about to go type up a list of the foods the kids can eat for the next 30 days.  I figure it's better to go that route than list the million things they can't have. I don't expect there to be any problems, but we'll see!

I'm also interested to see how I fare in the carb-laden outside world. No more grabbing energy bars or pretzels when I'm in a fix.  And meeting friends for lunch is going to take a lot more planning and discipline!

Two things I have already learned:
  • Paleo-followers need BIGGER fridges and SMALLER pantries. Seriously, our fridge is like a Japanese subway and our pantry is a wasteland.
  • Plan, Plan, Plan. Plan for meals and snacks and those moments when the kid just NEED something. This will eliminate a lot of stress and frustration that you can't just pull out a box of crackers anymore.  

So overall, today was pretty easy. I fully expect it to get harder for the next couple weeks, although I hope there are some noticeable positive effects to keep us all going.

Ready for Day 2! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog