Social Icons

Monday, March 11, 2013

Cauliflower & Turnip Puree

Everyone likes this (especially Emery), and even Sawyer is eating his cauliflower!! I had to mix in just a tad of ketchup with his because the turnip flavor was a little strong. Next time, I think I'll use carrots as I know they will sweeten up a bit more.

Ingredients
  • 4 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 large head of cauliflower, cut up into florets
  • 3 large turnip, cut into small chunks
  • ½ medium onion, coarsely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground pepper

Instructions

I chopped up my veggies and melted 3 tablespoons of butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Then, I dropped the veggies, broth, and water into the bubbling fat.

When the liquid started boiling, I covered the pot, turned down the heat to low, and let everything simmer until softened (25-30 minutes). Make sure your pot doesn’t dry out!

I added another tablespoon of butter, salt, and pepper and blitzed everything with my immersion blender until smooth.

Recipe courtesy of Nom Nom Paleo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog