Social Icons

Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 8: Juice is Yummy

This morning I think we definitely have a mark of success.  Both kids are chugging down their juices without much prompting (my nice word for nagging) from me.  This morning the kids got apple, orange, lemon, kale, parsley, cucumber, carrot, spinach, and beet juice.  I couldn't believe how fast it was gone!  I think their little taste buds are adapting!

I've also noticed that their noses have totally stopped running.  We go through so much Kleenex in this house it's crazy.  I feel like the worst mom sometimes because Emery has crusty stuff all around her nose and Sawyer's sleeves are filled with snot streaks, but I seriously can't keep up with it!  The last few days though, nothing.  Not a drippy nose in site!  The jury is still out on low allergens vs. diet changes, but we'll see how it goes long term.

On a negative note, Emery has been pooping little pebbles.  I think all of the protein is hard on her little digestive system.  She's getting good fiber in the veggies, but maybe it's just not enough to counteract the proteins.  I hate that we leave so much fiber behind when we juice, but I KNOW the kids won't drink it with pieces of stuff in their cups.  I guess one goal for the week is to get her poos back to normal!  Any advice??

Last night we went to Ryan's parents house for dinner and it was nice to see that we could eat a meal with family as still keep to our diet.  Then again, we do have incredibly considerate families, and his mom was sure to make stuff we could eat.  She made the greatest salad dressing that I am so excited to eat again today, and as soon as she send me the recipe I'll post it. So tasty and totally Paleo-friendly.

I guess that's our weekend round-up.  Here is what we are eating today:

Breakfast - Cinnamon "French Toast" Flat Bread w/coconut cream spread, sausage patties for Ryan, Juice

Lunch - Tuna Salad, Carrot Fries, Apple, Banana with Almond Butter for Ryan, Deviled Eggs and Carrot fries for the kids, baby spinach with tuna and mom's dressing for me.

Dinner - Crockpot Coconut Chicken Soup and Cauliflower and Turnip Puree.

Snacks - Almond Zucchini Muffin, Paleo Trail Mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog