Social Icons

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 9: Busy Days Work Too!

This post is going to be short and sweet because I have a 3 year-old that really wants cuddles from his momma tonight.  There wasn't much new on the food front today, as we mostly repeated yesterday.  I had a busy, busy day between real estate and a Sawyer and mommy date, but we all made it through on the Paleo track!

The best moment today was the picnic I had with Sawyer. We were running from place to place, and instead of stopping for a quick snack in the car, we packed a picnic and enjoyed the beautiful day together.  We had a such a fun time, and it was healthy and free! You can't beat that!

After a long day we came home to leftovers, although the kids got sweet potato with almond butter, cantaloup, and carrots because nobody was in the mood for a battle.  I went for the orange theme on the plate, and Sawyer was somewhat amused.

Ryan had a work deal tonight that I know involved food, so we'll see how he did when he gets home! He's been doing great though, and of course this wasn't his idea in the first place...

One thing I noticed as I was running around today is how much more these meals are keeping me satisfied.  I'm really okay a few hours after eating and not dying for a snack or my next meal.  Eating a fair amount of fat is a new thing for me.  The fat and protein make you feel full and keep you satisfied longer.  All this time I have been avoiding fat like the plague, and it was actually making me snack more! 

I'm gonna jump on the scale one of these days.  My clothes are definitely fitting a little looser, but I'm counting on much.

Off to cuddle time. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog